Over the years I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for tutorials on the basics of how to use Photoshop Elements in addition to scrapbook specific techniques. Here is what I’ve found. Lots of tutorials for photo editing or techniques for photographers using Photoshop. Many out of date tutorials for Photoshop Elements. Some lessons for traditional scrapbooking, you know with paper not digital. Most of what I’ve found has been on YouTube so I guess I shouldn’t complain because after all, they were free! But I did feel a lot of frustration. What about you? Are you feeling the pain?
Then I remembered this quote, “Necessity is the mother of invention.” Now I get it. It was sheer desperation that led me to start creating courses specifically for digital scrapbookers using Photoshop Elements. I thought, hey, I’ve got this! So I asked myself, what would a great course include?
That question led me to make a list. What we need are current lessons designed exclusively for digital scrapbookers! I’m tired of wasting time searching and getting the wrong results. Aren’t you? A tutorial written for Photoshop Elements version 12 is not likely to be correct when I’m working with version 15 or 2018! Don’t you agree? Sure I can use some photo editing tips but I’m not a professional photographer so will this really be something I want or need? Rarely! I want it all under one roof so I don’t waste time hunting and gathering! I like videos, but not too long, and written instructions I can refer to. Oh, and online! Plus a private community of digital scrapping friends. Have I left anything out?
So this is what I’ve come up with so far.
- Firstly, Photoshop Elements for Digital Scrapbookers Primer course. This course will familiarize you with the Photoshop Elements software and help you set up the workspace for scrapping. Before you can start scrapping you need to understand the various areas of the workspace, the tools, the difference between a basic and custom workspace, and how to set your preferences.
- Secondly, The Basics and Beyond course gets you started with digital scrapbooking. This course will take you from beginner to savvy scrapper very quickly. You’ll find out just what digital scrapbooking is, what the different types of layers are, how to create layouts using traditional and drag-n-drop templates or from scratch and how to use the Type tool to create journaling text and titles. Plus some bonus lessons you’ll love.
- Soon registration will open to the Plus Mastery subscription course. This membership will provide new techniques every month to continue this fun journey you and I are on into digital scrapbooking.
- If you and I have had the same frustrations and I know we have! You can now find what you’ve been looking for all under one roof.
Ready for the major leagues? Want to get started but aren’t sure which course is for you, let me help…
- If you have never used Photoshop Elements or you taught yourself, I recommend starting with the Primer course. Click here for more information. If you already know the Primer course is right for you, click here to enroll.
- If you’ve tinkered around in Photoshop Elements a little but now you’re serious about learning digital scrapbooking, click here to get started.